The perception of being a victim of violent crime is often greater than the chances of it actually happening.
The incidence of violent crime in Portugal has been decreasing steadily in the last few years, and when in isolated cases it does occour it becomes media headlines often resulting in public concern.
The chance of becoming a victim of a violent robbery is low, but if it should occur this page gives general advice on ways to deal with intruders and ways to further reduce the risk in the first place.
- Dealing with intrudersDownload
- Safeguarding against household residential robberies (in Dutch)Download
- Personal Emergency Alarm Systems (PERS)Download
- Stay Safe. - AlcoholDownload
- Diretrizes a seguir caso descubra e tenha de lidar com intrusos em sua casaDownload
- Discovering and Dealing with Intruders in your homeDownload