Portugal is a great place to live and visit and is one of the safest places to walk around the streets with your family and children. There are few if any gangs and incidence of threatening and anti social behaviour and street violence are rare.
As in any other place however, wearing a large gold necklace or walking around with an open handbag does increase the risk of theft and snatching mainly committed by opportunists.
The articles on this page serve as a reminder to take simple measures in order to reduce the risk of becoming a victim of crime.
- Safe use of ATM machinesDownload
- Dont make it easy for criminals - featureDownload
- In the street and public transport - PSP policeDownload
- Pickpocketting leafletDownload
- Preventing Theft and Snatching Top Tips Download
- Loule Citizen Support onlineDownload
- Alcohol related crime. Tips for safe drinking. pdfDownload
- Stay Safe. - Crowded PlacesDownload
- Stay Safe. - In the StreetDownload
- Stay Safe. - Use of ATM MachinesDownload
- Security for businesses over the Christmas periodDownload