Keeping kids safe
The subject of keeping kids safe is extremely diverse ranging from preventing accidents in the home, alcohol abuse, road safety and keeping kids safe on-line. This page on the Safe Communities Portugal website deals with many of these topics, except on-line safety where we have a separate dedicated page, Parents and Teens, dealing with this important subject.
There are many sources of information concerning child safety, but one of the best we have found and relevant to Portugal is advice provided by the European Child Safety Alliance.
The European Child Safety Alliance was launched in 2000 with the ambition to make the lives of children living in Europe safer. Today, more than 30 countries across Europe are working together to reduce the leading cause of death, disability and inequity to children in every Member State in the region – injury.
Their child safety experts from across Europe come from diverse fields and settings, including medicine, public health, psychology, education, engineering and government, to share and advocate for what works in child injury prevention to benefit children and their families.
- Keeping Children Safe - BullyingDownload
- Child Injury - Harm Done by AlcoholDownload
- Children in Hot Cars - HyperthermiaDownload
- Keeping Children Safe at Home - FallsDownload
- Keeping Children Safe at Home - PoisoningDownload
- Childhood - Road SafetyDownload
- Preventing Youth Suicide and Self Directed ViolenceDownload
- Facebook scamsDownload
- Children Internet SecurityDownload
- Pokémon Go.Safe Use guide docxDownload