The National Republican Guard (GNR) intensified from December 30, 2016 until January 2, 2017, the patrolling and road inspection on the itineraries to and from the places associated with the New Year festivities, as well as the presence Safety in these places, with the aim of strengthening safety and preventing the occurrence of road accidents.
During the four days and, compared to the same period of 2015, there were:
- 658 accidents (ten more);
- Seven dead (plus two);
- Eight seriously injured (less five);
- 189 minor injuries (minus 20).
In relation to the infractions associated with the causes of worsening injuries caused in the event of a road accident, the following were registered in comparison with the same period of 2015:
- 1 756 for speeding (minus 56);
- 603 for driving under the influence of alcohol (minus 47), of which 196 detained with a blood alcohol content equal to or greater than 1.2 g / l (minus 16);
- 167 for incorrect or non-use of the seat belt (plus 30);
- 158 for improper use of the phone while driving (plus 37).
More recent data indicate that the consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol are so severe that one out of every three drivers killed in traffic accidents drove with an illegal blood alcohol rate., so we put together a link with an allusive video To this operation: https://goo.gl/J76sDQ.
For the combined numbers of Operation Christmas and New Year, and compared to the same period of 2015/2016, there were:
- 1 408 accidents (plus 136);
- Eight dead (minus four);
- 16 serious injuries (minus 17);
- 429 minor injuries (plus 24).