The GNR commenced on 1st March an operation of intensified patrolling and road surveillance throughout the country. This operation, which ends on the 5th of March, is focused along the routes leading to the areas where carnivals are taking place, aimed at combating road accidents, regulating traffic and ensure support to all road users.
During the operation, the GNR, through the national transit unit and territorial commands, will undertake surveillance to detect the following infractions:
– driving under the influence of alcohol and psychotropic substances;
– lack of legal license;
– dangerous driving, especially with regard to overtaking, change of direction etc;
– not using the safety belt and / or retention systems;
– excess of capacity;
– anomalies in lighting and signalling systems;
– use of mobile phone during driving;
– lack of periodic inspection;
– lack of civil liability insurance.