One dead and five injured from carbon monoxide poisoning

One man died and five were injured, one of them in serious condition, in a case what is thought to be carbon monoxide poisoning, in Beja

According to the District Command of Relief Operations (CDOS) of Beja, the alert was given at 09.37 hrs on 24th December, at Rua Pedro Soares, Beja.

Beja Hospital source told the Lusa news agency that the deceased is a 36-year-old man and the injured, aged 26-36, are under observation in that hospital unit, all of whom are of foreign nationality.

In the aid to the victims were involved 11 elements of the firefighters of Beja, aided by six vehicles, an emergency medical and resuscitation (VMER) and elements of the PSP.

Comment

Although the cause of death has yet to be established people are reminded to have plenty on ventilation when using fuels such as gas, oil, coal and wood.


Sign up for Newsletter

Please enter your email address