Statement of the Alert Situation
Given the weather forecast for the next few days, which point to a significant worsening of the risk of forest fires, the Government, through the Minister of Internal Affairs signed Wednesday, the Order that determines the Statement of Alert Situation for the period from the 2nd to the 6th of August, for the whole continental territory.
Within the scope of the Declaration of the Alert Situation, provided for in the Law of Civil Protection, the following exceptional measures will be implemented:
- Increased operational readiness and responsiveness on the part of the GNR and the PSP, with enhanced resources for surveillance, behaviour-deterrent patrolling and general support for protection and rescue operations that may be needed, considering for the authorized effect the interruption of vacation leave and / or suspension of breaks and rest periods;
- Increased readiness and mobilization of teams of emergency medical, public health and psychosocial support, by the competent entities of the health and social security areas;
- Continuous mobilization of the Sapper Forest teams;
- Continuous mobilization of the National Corps of Forestry Agents and Nature Watchers that are part of the fire prevention and control system;
- Increase the level of readiness of response teams of entities with special duty of cooperation in the areas of communications (fixed and mobile network operators) and energy (transportation and distribution);
- Prohibition of access, movement and permanence within the forest areas, previously defined in the Municipal Fire Protection Plans (PMDFCI), as well as in the forest paths, rural roads and other routes that cross them;
- Total prohibition of the use of fireworks or other pyrotechnic devices, regardless of their form of combustion, as well as the suspension of authorizations that may have been issued, as long as the Alert Status is in force;
- Exemption from the public service of Public Administration workers who cumulatively perform the functions of voluntary firefighter;
- Exemption of private sector workers who cumulatively perform the functions of voluntary firefighter in the districts for which the Red Level Special Alert State has been declared by the ANPC;
- Recourse to the resources available under the National Plan and the District Civil Emergency Emergency Plans.
The Government is constantly monitoring the evolution of the operational situation and appeals to the citizens to adapt their behaviour to the meteorological framework that has been widely disseminated.