Communiqué from the Council of Ministers of February 17, 2022
1. The Council of Ministers today approved the resolution declaring the alert situation throughout mainland Portugal until 11:59 pm on March 7, 2022 – the calamity situation no longer applies – and the decree-law amending the applicable measures within the framework of the COVID-19 disease pandemic.
The diplomas thus amend the measures applicable in the context of the COVID-19 disease pandemic, eliminating:
- containment of risky contacts;
- the telecommuting recommendation;
- the limits of capacity in establishments, equipment and other places open to the public;
- the requirement to present a digital certificate, except for border control;
- the requirement for a negative test result for access to major events, sports venues, bars and nightclubs.
On the other hand, it remains:
- the negative test requirement, except for holders of a certificate of recovery or a certificate of full vaccination with a booster dose, for:
- care home visits;
- visits to inpatients in health care establishments.
- use of a mask in interior spaces where it is currently required.