HIGHEST NUMBER OF FIRES SO FAR THIS YEAR ANEPC SITUATION REPORT 1200 HRS 9TH JULY 2022
Carnaxide, Oeiras, Jul 9, 2022 (Lusa) – Portugal reached the maximum number of fires this year this Friday, with 121 ignitions, announced today the National Emergency and Civil Protection Authority (ANEPC), appealing to the population to take special care be careful in the face of the expected aggravation of heat.
In the ‘briefing’ to the media, held at 12:00 at the organisation’s headquarters, in Carnaxide (Oeiras), Commander André Fernandes highlighted that there are three fires of greatest concern in fighting the flames, namely in Ourém (Santarém district), Carrazeda of Ansiães (District of Bragança) and Vale da Pia (District of Leiria).
“There is a worsening of the situation, namely in the southern region. We are experiencing an almost unprecedented situation from a meteorological point of view. The situation will continue and it is forbidden to use machinery in these days that follow to lower the number of ignitions, which have been increasing”, said the ANEPC official, noting that the 121 registered ignitions “are the maximum this year”.
- 121 Rural fires registered yesterday, 08JUL2022
- 3 significant active occurrences: Ourem, Carrazeda de Anisaes and Pombal
- The highest number of incidents have been registered in the Porto districts (36); Aveiro (15) and Lisbon (14)
- 10 operatives suffered minor injuries
- A destroyed house (Ourém)
- Ourém with only 20% of the perimeter now active
Fire danger remains at very high levels and max. Aggravated in the South