URBAN FIRES: HOW TO AVOID AND PROTECT YOURSELF
This is a topic Safe Communities had promoted several times already this winter.
During the cold weather there are certain precautions to take when it comes to protection from low temperatures.
Most home fires are caused by electrical or gas problems or from other heat sources.
- Keep electric or gas or oil heater/radiator away from the furniture
- Don’t dry your clothes on the heaters
- Before going to bed or leaving the house, check if you have turned off the heating equipment
- Do not leave candles lit
- Avoid electric overloads
- Never put out an electrical fire using water
- Never leave home with the stove or heater on
In case of fire call 112