Family in Vila Nova de Milfontes intoxicated by carbon monoxide

Seven people of the same family, including some children, were hospitalized in the early hours of 28th January for carbon monoxide poisoning at their home in Vila Nova de Milfontes, Odemira, Beja, according to the fire department.

Beja told the Lusa news agency that the alert was given at 01:40 and that the victims were transported to the Alentejo Litoral Hospital in Santiago do Cacém.

The intoxication will have originated in a brazier that was inside the house, said the same source, noting that people presented symptoms of malaise and vomiting and were aware.

The Bombeiros of Vila Nova de Milfontes, the ambulance of Immediate Life Support (SIV) of Odemira and the GNR, participated in the rescue to the victims, with a total of 12 operatives, supported by seven vehicles.


Sign up for Newsletter

Please enter your email address